Yahoo! Avatars The WeatherPixie

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day 16....whew! Almost there!

This blogging everyday is hard man! I've been sitting here racking my brain all day trying to come up with something to blog about. I thought about blogging about the horrible storms that ravaged the South yesterday but I forgot to ask my friend if I could use her sister's pictures of the damage on my here. I didn't want to just post them without asking permission, ya know?

I tried to find some interesting tidbit on the headlines today to post about but that didn't work out. I just didn't see anything that screamed out "BLOG ME!!"

So....I figured that 1) I could just leave you with this lame ass excuse for a blog about how I can't think of anything to blog about or 2) I could give you this nifty little list of my favorite movies. Lucky for you I decided to go with number 2. I'm not going to say how many movies I'm going to list because I'm not sure if I can list 10 of them. Or I might be able to post more than 10. Shit...we'll just number them as we go.

So....here goes....my favorite movies in no particular order.

1) Grease - I can turn the volume down and say just about every word to this movie. And sing the songs. And do the dances. (I'm not sure I should be admitting that but hey...who cares right?) Major kudos to Bananer by the way. He had never seen Grease before we started dating so I brought over my DVD one night. We decided to watch it in bed, and as Bananer soon learned that is a bad idea for me. I conked out within the first five minutes. He, however, stayed up and watched the whole movie without me. I think he was trying to suck up though because we had only been dating for a couple of weeks then.

2) An Affair to Remember - Cary. Grant. Need I say more?

3) Father Goose/Operation Petticoat - Again...Cary. Grant.

4) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - This movie rocks! I think part of the reason I love this movie so much is because it has a little bit of sentimental value for me. I'm going to spare you the details on that and leave you with this..."How bout some ether?"

5) Dazed and Confused - I think I was born in the wrong generation. I love anything to do with the 70's. The music, the clothes, the "free love"...shit, the whole nine yards. (The soundtrack rocks by the way.)

6) Sixteen Candles/The Breakfast Club/Weird Science - I'm a child of the 80's/early 90's though so of course I love these movies.

7) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - I'll admit it...I like Sci Fi/Fantasy shit. I'm still waiting for the perfect opportunity to sit down and watch all three back to back to back. I need to clear a whole weekend for that.

8) Sweet Home Alabama - I'm a chick so of course I like chick flicks. I can watch this one over and over and over again because 1) I have a thing for Reese Witherspoon (not that kind of thing) and 2) it's just a cute ass movie.

9) Drop Dead Fred - I used to drive my mom crazy with this one. I had to watch it everytime it came on TV.

10) Clerks/Office Space/Mallrats/Chasing Amy/Dogma/Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - These movies have a sentimental reason behind them too but I won't get into that either. I just need Chasing Amy (and of course Clerks 2 (which I have not seen yet) when it comes out on DVD) to finish my collection.

11) Clueless - Yup....I'll admit it...I like this movie. I remember going to the theater to see it when it came out. And let's not forget the MTV special they had when it opened. I watched that like my life was depending on it. If there's nothing on TV I can count on this movie to entertain me. I can turn down the volume and recite almost the entire movie with this one too.

12) White Christmas - Bing Crosby is awesome people. My mom, my sisters and I watched this movie every Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember. It was always our family tradition to watch the movie and eat a box of chocolate. This reminds me....I either need to find our VHS (no clue where it is) or buy the DVD before Christmas. I think I'll just buy the DVD.


Well there ya go....I gave ya 12. Be happy with that and feel free to post your favorite movies too. Don't forget to leave me a comment letting me know you did.

2 comments:

T. L. Carter said...

Only a few left on there I haven't seen yet. We'll get together and make that happen. :D

;)

Anonymous said...

No problem on using my sister's pics.

BTW: I like all of Kevin Smith's movies. Clerks is my favorite b/c if you have ever worked retail you can totally relate. :)

~H