Yahoo! Avatars The WeatherPixie

Friday, November 03, 2006

Just an ear full of music makes the day go by...day go by...day go by...

Do certain songs elicit memories and daydreams from you, my faithful and new readers? I have always enjoyed music and considered myself quite the music buff for a while (I'm slightly out of touch now that I haven't purchased a CD in years and my radio in the car is set to one station and one station only). I spent 2 years in high school working away in a music store and I used that time to broaden my music tastes. I'll listen to just about anything...as long as I'm in the mood for it.

I am however, mostly hooked on "new rock" and 80's and 90's "rock" and "new wave". In fact, the one and only radio station I listen to is a "new rock" station out of a nearby college town. And during lunch they play.....80's "new wave". See why I love this station?

I searched through my music files on my computer here at work one day and I noticed that I have 1,345 songs. That's just here at work. Think I like my music?

So...I created a new playlist the other day and I threw a lot of 80's, a few 90's and a few country songs on there to listen to here at work. A few minutes ago a song came on and I started day dreaming of Saturday afternoon drives with the windows down and the radio up. I could feel my hair blowing in the wind and the sun warming my face. It was pure bliss.

Then my phone rang and I snapped back to the reality that is my fluorescent hell. Thank goodness it's Friday.


The song, by the way, was Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". Great song....great song. What songs do it for you?

1 comment:

T. L. Carter said...

Any song that brings a happy memory, or picture in my mind. There are songs for everything. I too can appreciate your broad taste in music, and am very happy this is yet another area in where we see eye to eye. ;)

Good job on the blogging!! Keep it up!!!! :D