Yahoo! Avatars The WeatherPixie

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Well just call me Betty Crocker.

I've been on this domesticated kick lately. I don't know what it is but for some reason I want to cook and bake. There's not a whole lot I can do here in Bananer's tiny ass apartment but I'm trying.

The other night I made us Monte Cristo* sandwiches for dinner and he said they were "damn good." So much so, that he called his father and bragged about them. Papa Bananer said to tell me to "keep up the practice" because he wants me to make them next time we go to their house.

Last night I baked this awesome Cherry Danish that my mom made the other day. Bananer loved it so much that I found the recipe and made one just for him. He gave it his seal of approval today.

And tonight I'm baking a Pumpkin Cheesecake to take to my parents' house tomorrow. It's in the oven as we speak. I even made the crust from scratch. Score extra points for that.

So...with that said....I hope everyone out in bloglandia has a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

*There's this awesome restaurant in Macon, GA (where the Bananer family lives) called Cheddar's that serves these kick ass Monte Cristo sandwiches. Bananer got me hooked on them the last couple of times we went to his parents' house. I had to find a recipe similar to there's so that we could have our own version here. I think I did pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

T. L. Carter said...

Yeah, I'm impressed, and one fat and happy camper! WooHoo!!!!!!

MUAH!!!!!!